Quantcast

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tell Everyone!

Today (March 31) was the release date for Tell No One (Ne le dis à Personne) on dvd. Yay! I didn't have a chance to catch this one in theaters when it was in Denver, so this was my first chance to see it. And I've been waiting for what seems like ages!

Good thing it lived up to expectations then, huh? 

Guillaume Canet directed and did a fantastic job. It's been eight years since I read the book. Eight years since I discovered (along with a ton of other fans) Harlan Coben. I found out recently that my seemingly non-reading roommate once skipped class in high school to read this book. I made my grandmother and numerous customers read it when I worked at the bookstore and the response was always the same, Tell No One is a book you can't put down. 

All of Harlan Coben's books are like that to tell you the truth. Watch him here on the Today show and you'll see that's what he's aiming for -- and you succeed every time in my opinion, Mr. Coben. 

So, Tell No One, the film, is pretty darn on point with the book. If my memory is right, there is some shifting as far as when certain things take place, but I thought it set a nice tone for the film. The pacing is a bit slower, building up the story to the point that even if you've read the book, you're still on the edge of your seat when the final revelation occurs.

François Cluzet and Marie-Josée Croze star as Alex and Margot Beck. Kristin Scott Thomas is fab (and totally French) as Hélène, Alex's sister's partner. Watch close and you can't miss Coben's own cameo in the film!

And as an added bonus, rumor has it that Coben's Myron Bolitar series has been optioned by FOX and a pilot is in the works. And there are also murmurings that Coben himself may be working on a show for TNT. IMDB currently has Deal Breaker, the first in the Bolitar series, listed as in development and slated for 2011 (we'll see about that).  

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I can only hope that the Myron Bolitar series comes to fruition. That would be awesome.

Becky LeJeune said...

Wouldn't it, Vickie? I'd be anxious to see who they cast for it too. It's supposed to be the same guy behind Bones doing the pilot so it should be pretty good if it ever airs.

Vickie said...

If it's done by Hart Hanson, then it will be excellent.

Lori's Reading Corner said...

My brother just brought this in from me from Netflix. I can't wait to go home and watch it tonight.