Quantcast

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Funny Stuff

As promised, I did finish Kyra Davis' Sex, Murder and a Double Latte and am now going to proceed with telling you how fab it is. : )

So, if you've read yesterday's post, then you know that I'm having sleep issues again. Not new for me, but I usually get more than I did that night. I was up at 6am working away and catching up on Heroes, not good but it did get my work day out of the way with plenty of time to spare. Just no energy to take advantage of it.

I'm a little more rested today thanks to an Ambien and hopefully I can drum up some energy to get me through the day. I must gym today because I broke down and had Chinese last night - yummy and deceptively not healthy. Tonight, stuffed peppers, salad, and a horror movie.

Anyway, even exhaustion could not tear me away from the first Sophie Katz mystery. Released in 2006, this debut introduces the fabulous and sassy Sophie Katz, mystery author extraordinaire.

In Sex, Murder and a Double Latte, Sophie is shocked to find that a Hollywood producer interested in making a film based on her screenplay has committed suicide. Strangely, the suicide is a scene right out of one of the man's own movies. But there's a note, everyone cries. Sophie is not so easily deterred, though. Then, the same day that she hears about this death, another one catches her eye. A rap artist in NY who is gunned down exactly in the way it's portrayed in a music video. Now Sophie knows it can't be a coincidence, but convincing everyone else is difficult even when she starts to experience scenes from her own books. Scared but determined to unravel the mystery, Sophie admits that everyone around her, including the new hunk in her life, could be the killer.

This San Francisco based series is silly and fun, great stuff for readers looking to wile away the day with an easy and entertaining read. There are currently three in the series with book four due out in June (see yesterday's post).

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Becky: Sorry about the sleep issues. DH takes Lunesta and I take an Advil PM, otherwise it's toss and turn. I keep a book (several books) on my nightstand for those nights when that doesn't do the trick. Hope you get some good sleep in soon.

This cozy sounds super. Might just have to add it to the list....

Becky LeJeune said...

You know, the sleep issues usually come and go. I don't know when I became such a light sleeper, though. Probably when I left for college. Seems I slept like a rock before that!