Quantcast

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Running on Empty

Why oh why does insomnia love me so much? I happen to love sleep, always have, but unfortunately, it doesn't love me back these days in spite of medicated help. 

So after bedding down at midnight, falling asleep over a new book, I found myself wide awake and working at 6am. Good news is that my work day is pretty much finished. Bad news is that I don't have the energy to take advantage of it. Stupid sleep. 

It's kind of gloomy and yucky out and I'm debating heading out to see Sunshine Cleaning at some point this afternoon (don't know if I should considering the popcorn may beckon and I'm trying so hard to behave). 

In the meantime, I am spending my day being thoroughly amused by Kyra Davis's debut, Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte. Davis's fourth title in her hilarious Sophie Katz mystery series is due out in June and I was lucky enough to snag a copy, but good reader that I am, I can't just jump in at the end. I had ordered a copy of Sex (sounds so dirty that way) but apparently the store ran out before my order was processed (hate that). Fortunately, and luckily for me, Kyra Davis was sweet enough to send me a copy. So, I'm doing my fervent duty to get everyone out there in reader land (oh boy, I can tell I'm going to look back on this post after a few hours of sleep and wonder what the heck I was thinking) to run out and buy the books as well. 

I've already bought a copy of book two, Passion, Betrayal, and Killer Highlights, and have plenty of time between now and June 1 to gobble up that one and book 3, Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate and still keep all of you posted so that you can catch up with me before Lust, Loathing, and a Little Lip Gloss (Sophie Katz book 4) hits shelves. 

And guess what readers?! Not only are you gonna love sassy Sophie, but Kyra is running a Lust, Loathing, and a Little Lip Gloss contest that begins with the book's release on June 1! Check out Kyra Davis's website for details on how to enter to win fabulous prizes, including a trip to Sophie's San Francisco! Contest begins at midnight June 1 and runs through August, so you have plenty of time, and I'll be sure to remind you all closer to the release as well. 

And, as usual with any book that I enjoy, I will keep you guys posted about the series and have an official Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte post tomorrow (since I know I'm going to finish reading it this afternoon!). Bye for now, Sophie and Mr. Katz are calling!

No comments: