Quantcast

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Top Chef Time

Ok, I wasn't really going to comment on the season thus far seeing as how it's really hard to make an opinion when all you get are sound bites with this many contestants. Hell, last night we didn't even see all of the quickfire dishes.

But, I have to say this season has some strong contenders for Top Chef, and for most annoying chef! Don't get me wrong, I still think it's hard to get an accurate opinion of anyone on any type of show like this. You say one stupid thing and you're the focus of all of the clips. But when they start complaining about asinine things and heckling their competitors, or when they get hung up on one person and just bitch and moan about them, making it seem like there's some sort of behind-the-scenes vendetta going on, I can't help it.

Agh! Just cook! I have some I'm rooting for already, the brothers and Kevin being the main ones. We'll see how the season pans out, though.

And before you start saying I'm a hypocrite, I have typically rooted for the cocky ones in the past. There's one that falls in this category this season (so far) and he's one of the ones annoying me, so I'm breaking my streak. Jimmy Neutron -- I mean, Marcel, Hung, and Stefan were some of my favorites so far, but unless one of the three I listed above turns out to have a streak like these guys ...

Anyway, we'll see how it plays out.

In other TC news, I don't think I mentioned it here, but I finally ate at Jax! This is the restaurant where Hosea hangs his hat these days. The food was amazing. I mean it, simply amazing! I had a Farmers' Market salad with a citrus vinaigrette (I think it was lemon but I can't recall) and the bass with pomegranate brown butter sauce. Oh, so good! You could have taken away the fish and given me just a plate of greens and brussel sprouts (which I don't normally eat) with that sauce and I would still have been in heaven!

And if you're missing Fabio, you can watch him recreate one of last night's winning dishes here. I can listen to him all day!

No comments: