Quantcast

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Creepy!

I am totally excited about Blake Crouch's new book. This is not a debut, but this year will be Blake Crouch's year. I feel it. Crouch is the author of Locked Doors and Desert Places, and his latest  title Abandon will be hitting shelves on my b-day! On top of that, he has also contributed to the upcoming Thriller 2 edited by Clive Cussler (due out June 1st). 

Crouch lives here in Colorado, and apparently began working on Abandon in 2005 after being inspired by his new home. The book has been getting praise from some of the biggest in the thriller genre, including JA Konrath, Lee Child, and Marcus Sakey. 

Here's some info on Abandon, straight from Crouch's site:

On Christmas Day in 1893, every man, woman and child in a remote mining town will disappear, belongings forsaken, meals left to freeze in vacant cabins, and not a single bone will be found--not even the gold that was rumored to have been the pride of this town will be found either. One hundred and thirteen years later, two backcountry guides are hired by a leading history professor and his journalist daughter to lead them into the abandoned mining town so that they can learn what happened. This has been done once before but the people that went in did not come out. With them is a psychic, and a paranormal photographer--the town is rumored to be haunted. They've come to see a ghost town, but what they are about to discover is that twenty miles from civilization, with a blizzard bearing down, they are not alone, and the past is very much alive....

And, if you visit the link above, you can read the first chapter! I can't wait to read this one. It sounds creepy and completely fantastic! I love this type of thing, and it takes place in Colorado where I can still imagine that ghost towns are cool (I've not been to one the whole time I've been here and though I've heard they can be quite disappointing, I have nothing to ruin my view). 

No comments: