Quantcast

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh, So Close...

So I have refrained from posting any really Twilight-y things here because I figure that anyone who is interested in reading it will on their own. I also figure that enough people have weighed in thus far that one more in favor is just a small ripple in a big pond. 

But, I have to admit that I am really excited about the upcoming dvd release. I loved the movie. It follows the book really closely, which is always a good thing. In the case of Twilight, however, I think that you are remiss if you haven't read the book first. It's not your typical vampire movie. Meyer does a fantastic job, in my opinion, of creating her characters and letting the reader get to know them. Works for a book and works for book fans who see the movie, but I think some people who maybe saw the movie first were probably a little miffed that it took so long for the action. IT'S CALLED STORY DEVELOPMENT (something that is lacking in a lot of films these days). 

Granted, it's still an angsty teen vampire flick, but that's what I love about it! I will admit that after seeing the movie it took great restraint for me not to return again. And, considering some of the other things I was seeing at the theaters around the same time (Haunting of Molly Hartley, Eagle Eye, Max Payne, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas), well it really just hit the spot as far as what I wanted in a movie at the time (story, and no tears). 

So yes, I will be buying the dvd and doing my part to help sales. 

In related news, word is that filming is beginning this month on New Moon (wow that one WILL be a tearjerker) and they will be filming the remaining movies back to back (yay!). As best I can tell, everyone is returning for movie two - Taylor Lautner has even been bulking up to play the transformed Jacob Black. I'm psyched (I'm a dork). And, right now the tentative release date is November of this year. 

Also, fyi, I know some stores are doing a midnight release party for the dvd. I won't be attending one, but if this is something you're interested in, check with your local bookstores to see if they are one of them. 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have to say this is not one movie I am looking forward to as I didn't like the books, I nfact I only read the first one and tried the Host and didn't care for that one as well. I am the minority

Lori said...

I'm a HUGE Twilight freak lol. I'm not going to midnight release(though I was tempted)but only because I'm getting the special 3-disk addition that only Target is going to have and they aren't having a midnight release. I'm getting up early joining the crowds of teenage girls! I'll be just as giddy as them :)
I'm very excited about New Moon too! And Eclipse is going to come out in July '10! Woohoo!