Quantcast

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Misbehaving

I rarely read more than one book at a time. I usually read fast enough that there's really no point. After the incident on St. Patty's Day, however, I needed some stress-less reading, so I skipped ahead and started reading Rachel Vincent's upcoming Shifters book, Prey

I know, I know. I'm pretty good about sticking to my schedule, but I needed something to help me wind down. So, I allowed myself one night with it, and made it about halfway through. I am dying to get back to it, but my incredible guilt over straying from the schedule was weighing on me. 

So I read Nafisa Haji's debut, The Writing on my Forehead (a fantastic debut in my humble opinion, and one that I was supposed to read this week). Also on my schedule for this week was Deborah Turrell Atkinson's Pleasing the Dead, fourth in her Storm Kayama Hawaii mystery series. So, after finishing Haji's title in the wee hours of the morning, I jumped into that one. 

Then, I made a mistake. I promised my sister that I would send her a package on Monday (that wasn't the mistake). But, I just bought Carrie Ryan's The Forest of Hands and Teeth, a post-apocalyptic zombie novel for teens. The mistake was in thinking that I could knock it out fast enough to still review it this week and include it in the package as a surprise. So, I brought it to the gym (since that tactic worked so well with Lesley Livingston's Wondrous Strange) but then found myself so freaking exhausted that I got barely 20 pages in before I came home and pigged out. 

So, where does that leave me? Rambling and in the middle of four books! Agh! The good news, in this strictly all about me (but still every single one of these books is fab so I'm kind of doing my duty recommending books) is that I am ahead for the work week and can pretty much take tomorrow off to read! Yay! 

So to recap - Rachel Vincent is my hero, Nafisa Haji should be recommended to everyone, Deborah Turrell Atkinson will make you feign for sun, white sand, and cobalt blue ocean, and Carrie Ryan is totally addicting! No worries, I'll keep you all posted, but I didn't want another radio silent day to pass. 

No comments: