Quantcast

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Aw, isn't the hellhound cute?!

No blog today. Am totally unprepared. I was up until 2am stewing about my dinner. Yep, cooked corned beef and cabbage for the holiday and the dog ate it. Yeah. This photo, btw, is not on the same day as the incident, but this is her chilling in my office (only room with space for the spare bed). And she thinks she's going to do it again today. I am in no mood. 

So, I'll pick up tomorrow - I've been bad and as some much needed therapy over my 6 hour dog treat, I shirked my review duties for the evening and read ahead with a July book. I'll tease you with it tomorrow. 

7 comments:

Vickie said...

The hellhound is too cute. Sorry about the absconded dinner.

Becky LeJeune said...

Yeah, she's cute enough that she thinks she's off the hook. I've got news for her. Next time I'm trading her for a corgie! Not really, but it sucks having a dog tall enough to reach the counter - this is NOT the first time it's happened, but it's been quite a while. She waits until we let our guard down!

Cheryl said...

Ooh bummer about dinner. Hopefully the hellhound did not get sick

Becky LeJeune said...

Are you kidding, Cheryl? That dog's got a stomach of steel most of the time. In the time that she's been in my life she's packed away a 3 pound roast, a pan of brownies (yeah, I know chocolate is bad for them but it's not like I GAVE them to her), 8 whole chicken thighs, pillows, blankets, numerous tupperware containers, whole pizzas... We thought she was outgrowing it.

Tez Miller said...

I'd ask why you left food unguarded, but I think you're feeling bad enough. Hugs, lass, and here's hoping that dog never steals your food again...

Vickie said...

Becky: My nephew is my sister's hellhound. When he was smaller, they had an Owen-demarcation-line on the counter...if it made within his reach, he'd eat it, so they had to put everything just past that reach line. He was as good as having a hellhound.

Vickie said...

Now I'm cracking up at Hellhound's appetite and steel belly. DH used to have a dog like that. His name was Gunner-Dawg and was mix Rhodesian Ridgeback/pitbull/American bulldog and had a steel gut. Ate DH's mess dress (Air Force fancy schmancy uniform), cassette tapes and tires.