Quantcast

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Heads You Lose is Hilarious!

I dragged Mike to another book signing recently. He would say dragged, but I suspected he would enjoy himself. I think he did.

It was Lisa Lutz and David Hayward at Tattered Cover this go-around, talking about their collaborative mystery, Heads You Lose.

In the book, pot growing siblings Paul and Lacey discover a headless body on their property. Of course they can't call the police, so they dump it and destroy the evidence, but then it comes back. Soon their small town of Mercer has a string of murders to its name and Paul and Lacey are determined to solve the case(es).

Funny thing is, there are two stories going on here. There's the mystery itself, which the authors alternated writing "blind" chapters. And then there's the authors themselves. Their notes and comments to one another along the way catapult this book from the mainstream mystery category into something completely different -- and hilarious. I mean laugh out loud snark fests! If you're looking for something to lighten your mood, you've got to read it. I would say this is one book so far this year that I don't think anyone should miss!

For a taste, check out this promo video the authors did:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to read this one soon. The promo is so funny!! Truly!