Quantcast

Sunday, May 11, 2008

New Releases 5/13

Some of the titles hitting shelves this week include:
The Space Between Before and After by Jean Reynolds Page - tragic incidents for one family strangely coincide with the NASA disasters. On my bedside table to read for this week. 
Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready - loved it! A radio station whose djs just happen to be vamps. Fresh and funny read!
Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey - admittedly not on my to buy list, but the "fiction" debut by the notorious James Frey. 

New on DVD:
Untraceable starring Diane Lane and Colin Hanks - freaky serial killer who uses website hits to aid in his kills. I saw this one in theaters and it was particularly disturbing in my opinion, and things don't usually bother me all that much.
Youth Without Youth starring Tim Roth, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, and based on the novella by Mircea Eliade. The preview for this one looks fantastic and it's at the top of my rental list for the week. Here's a youtube link to the trailer

New reviews up at bookbitch.com this week:
Wicked Game
One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
No One Left to Tell by Jordan Dane
Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon

What I am reading at this moment: The Seance by John Harwood. The long awaited new release from the author of the fantastic Ghost Writer is a Victorian ghost story (much like the short tales interspersed within GW). I've about 100 pages left and will finish it tonight. 

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Now that I know you really liked Wicked Game I will have to make sure to check it out