Quantcast

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Buy this one!

Two blogs in one day! What is the world coming to?

I left this one off my list of releases yesterday even though it's been on my To Buy list since I first heard about it. Shame on me!

Here's what PW had to say about Nicholas Pekearo's debut:

"...Marlowe Higgins, who's both a werewolf and a detective, lives in the small town of Evelyn, "just outside the Tennessee border," flipping burgers by day and waiting for the full moon that will awaken the blood curse that has afflicted his family for generations. Higgins has hit on a way to alleviate the guilt he feels for having claimed countless innocent lives-he investigates vicious crimes that have gone unsolved by the police and targets the perpetrators in his lupine form. When a sadistic serial killer known as the Rose Killer for the flowers left in the victims' eye sockets appears in Evelyn, Higgins turns his attention to tracking him down. Higgins may remind some of Jeff Lindsay's Dexter, but Pekearo's skill at making Higgins both believable and sympathetic is a considerable achievement that should give this novel crossover appeal beyond crime and horror readers."

Now, I haven't read this one just yet, obviously, and I have really high expectations. My fear, however, is that it will just be too good. Why is that a bad thing? Sadly Pekearo, a bookseller and auxiliary police officer in NYC was killed in the line of duty last year, only days after TOR decided to go ahead with publication. 

So, go out and buy this one - I'll be ordering it today since none of my local stores seem to have it in stock, shame on them!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yeah. I want this book too. I just received today Sacrifice by S.J. Bolton

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting info about this on the S/T Group!