Quantcast

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I've Been Lazy

I wanted to get the FTC disclaimer I talked about the other day posted on the site just in case and I've been putting off doing it. Which also means that I've been putting off blogging. It's there now, as you can see. Really wish that I didn't have to worry about whether or not it's necessary, but there it is.

I wanted to share a couple of things with you today, not true book reviews, although those are coming, but some cookbooks that I'm really looking forward to.

If any of you cook like I do, and even if you don't but you enjoy food as much as I do, then I think you'll appreciate these two cookbooks as much as I do. I don't have them yet, but they are on my (not want) NEED list.

Yes, they are necessary to my happiness and general existence! Not really, although given what is available online and the tips I've gotten from both of these folks recently and through the years, I think they're going to be fantastic additions to my cookbook collection. And as the girl who gets the irresistible urge to bake whilst sniffing the first hint of snow in the air (yes, we had snow last weekend and I was missing some key ingredients for the cookies I wanted to make), you can see why cookbooks are always on my Christmas Wish List.

First up is the brand, spanking new Jamie Oliver cookbook, Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals. Mr. Oliver's previous cookbooks, Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life, is still on my Must Buy list, but I do have two of his other books in my collection. He's amazing. I've been in love with this guy since I first saw him as The Naked Chef on one of the morning shows. He cracks me up, and even better, he explains the process in making things that even I have never attempted out of fear of failure. I am happy to say that thanks to his instruction, I was able to finally successfully make my first omelet without turning it into scrambled eggs. This thanks to his magazine, which can occasionally be found at Borders.

I think the title of Food Revolution says it all. And anything that provides useful instructions for yummy recipes that are in my budget is a good thing these days.

Jamie Oliver's website is a treasure trove of recipes and tips, too. Check it out at www.jamieoliver.com and see for yourself.

The other cookbook that I'm super excited about is hitting shelves on October 27. It is Ree Drummond's debut, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes From an Accidental Country Girl. Drummond runs The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog, another fantastic resource for the home cook. I received a notification about the release of this book and have tried snagging a copy for review, but have been unsuccessful thus far. Ah well, Ree has a ton of recipes online that you can try, and she posts pictures every step of the way (and I love pictures!). I made her "Brisket, Baby" last week while I was home visiting the folks. We had leftovers galore and ate this amazing dish in just about every way you can imagine (sandwiches and just plain roast-style being the most popular in our house). It's time consuming, but I have to say that I never would have attempted brisket without Ree's super easy instructions. I'm guessing I'll be utilizing her Thanksgiving page a lot this upcoming holiday!

So there you have it, two of this foodie's wishlist cookbooks for the fall season.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I've not heard of the FTC disclaimer before now. sigh.....I'll go back to your other post to see what's the what.
I have been looking forward to the Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook, too. I love her blog and photography and was extremely excited to see she had this coming out soon.