Quantcast

Monday, October 19, 2009

Because It's Fun

I love being able to finish a book in one day. You can take it to mean that the book is short, and while that is usually the case (around 300 pages) what it means to me is that the book is so damn good that I can't/don't want to do anything but read it.

Always a good thing!

Yesterday was just such a day. I finished up reading a teen book that I'll post later and then I moved on to Gemma Halliday's latest, Scandal Sheet.

Halliday is the author of the High Heels Mysteries series. Scandal Sheet, however, is first in her new Hollywood Headlines series. So now's the time to jump on board, eh?

Now I'm a big fan of the Killer Fiction blog and Halliday is just one of the funny ladies who posts there. I told you a while back about Christie Craig's Gotcha! and mentioned the fact that at that time I owned at least one book by each of the contributors to the blog (Christie Craig, Gemma Halliday, Leslie Langtry, Tracy Madison, and Kathy Bacus). You can imagine how pleased I was, then, to receive an early copy of Scandal Sheet.

And it totally lived up to every expectation. And I finished it in one afternoon, because it was that addictively readable!

Tina Bender, gossip columnist for the L.A. Informer, is great at what she does. And what she does is dig up dirt on Hollywood's biggest and brightest. But someone has been less than pleased with Tina's column of late, enough so that they've decided the best way to get their name out of the paper is to off Tina! Her boss, Felix, brings in Cal (hired muscle) to keep an eye on Tina until the whole thing can be cleared up, but now way is Tina going to sit back and wait for things to blow over. She's going to unmask her stalker and expose them before they can get their hands on her. But when the phone calls become physical threats and someone is killed, Tina realizes this job is one that might require a bit more than she'd counted on.

Scandal Sheet is set for release next week (which means you should be able to find it by this weekend at most stores). It's super fun, definitely hits all the edge-of-your-seat buttons, and is right up the Janet E. alley. In other words, I highly recommend you check it out. In the meantime, I'm going to track down the rest of the High Heels series to tide me over until Tina returns.

ARC

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I haven't read this author but will have to check her out.