Quantcast

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pre Pub Book Buzz: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

I'm a bit late with my pre pub post - I usually do them on Saturdays and I was a neglectful in my blogging this weekend. But with this one due out so soon I wanted to get it up with all the extras!

I think just about every book person out there seems to be waiting on the release of Danielle Page's debut, Dorothy Must Die!

Here's a bit about the book from the publisher:

Crash landing via tornado into a childhood nightmare, Amy Gumm finds the lime-lit, sparkling city of Oz a far cry from its former over-the- rainbow glory. The culprit? That bitch from Kansas: Dorothy Gale. Power-hungry and invincible, Dorothy has turned everything on its head. Now, the Scarecrow conducts inhumane experiments on the winged monkeys, the Tin Woodman is a trained killer, and the Lion is a deranged monster out for blood.

Upon arriving, Amy is immediately inducted into The Revolutionary Order of the Wicked, a group of not-so-wicked witches that are determined to rid their land of Dorothy. Now, Amy will have to show more gumption than was ever necessary in her Kansas trailer park life. When everyone has ulterior motives and no one is whom they seem, it's not easy to know what to do next. But one thing's for sure: Dorothy must die.

Just to further tease us, there's an e prequel available here and - in preparation of the book's April 1 release - the publisher has posted the first twelve chapters online! You can check that out here.

2 comments:

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

I'm excited about this one--my coworker has been raving about it for weeks!

Becky LeJeune said...

I am dying to get my hands on a copy, Emily! It sounds so incredibly fun and I can't wait to get to read it!