Quantcast

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dark Secrets in Suburbia

So there's a new Libby Fischer Hellmann title out on shelves. It's Doubleback, the follow-up to last year's Easy Innocence, the first thriller to feature Georgia Davis.

I've been looking forward to this one since I turned the final page on Easy Innocence. It was my first by read by Hellmann and I swear I read most of it in one night: between the hours of 11pm and 2am. Oh, man! What a great read!

I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this one and did review it for the BB. Here's that review from the archives:

When a teenage girl is found beaten to death in the woods, the police figure they’ve got an open and shut case. A local man, a convicted sex offender, was found standing over the body, covered in blood and holding a baseball bat. Georgia Davis has been hired by the man’s sister to find the real killer. The man in question is mentally challenged and, according to his sister, has never shown any signs of violence. Georgia also believes the man to be innocent based on the alarming rate at which the cops have been moving the case to court. Georgia, a cop on suspension, investigated a case only two years prior where a group of teens had been participating in a hazing ritual in the same place this girl was found. Her investigation turns over some rather disturbing information about these teens and their extra-curricular activities. She’s also ruffling some pretty important feathers and someone will do just about anything to make sure she keeps her mouth shut. Easy Innocence is a quick and intense mystery with a clever plot and a tough heroine. Georgia Davis one I hope we see more of soon. Highly recommended.

So I picked up Doubleback at the office yesterday and will jump into it as soon as I have a chance. Like I said, I'm really, really looking forward to it. Hellmann should be right up there with Linda Barnes on your reading list. Smart and spunky female PI with a nose for trouble. That's Hellmann's Georgia Davis. And the story in Easy Innocence is dark and troublesome. The wonderful cover should be a clue in that regard.

Libby Fischer Hellmann is also the author of the Ellie Foreman series, which includes:

An Eye For Murder
A Picture of Guilt
An Image of Death
A Shot to Die For

Check out Libby's page for more, including appearance dates. If you're near The Book Stall in Winnetka, IL (which I'm not, but I really wish I was) check out Libby, Marcus Sakey, and the fabulous Laura Caldwell.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cool. I will have to check this author out

Vickie said...

Ooooo! My sister lives in Glenview, just down the road from Winnetka....
Thank you for turning me onto a new to me author who looks superb.