Quantcast

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Shelf Control: The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for a Shelf Control post!

Shelf Control is a weekly meme hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies, giving book junkies like me a chance to highlight some of the lingering titles in our TBR stacks!

Title: The Rose Garden
Author: Susanna Kearsley
Published: 2011
Length: 441 pages

What it's about (from Goodreads):

"Whatever time we have," he said, "it will be time enough."

Eva Ward returns to the only place she truly belongs, the old house on the Cornish coast, seeking happiness in memories of childhood summers. There she finds mysterious voices and hidden pathways that sweep her not only into the past, but also into the arms of a man who is not of her time.

But Eva must confront her own ghosts, as well as those of long ago. As she begins to question her place in the present, she comes to realize that she too must decide where she really belongs.

How I got it:

This was actually one of my first ebook purchases. 

When I got it: 

I'm going to guess sometime in 2012. 

Why I want to read it:

I'd already read Kearsley's Mariana when I bought The Rose Garden. I absolutely loved the gothic undertones and the haunting romance. I've since read a few others and know that this is pretty key for Kearsley's novels - and I love it! Somehow the fact that this one is on my ereader means I keep forgetting about it when it's time to start my next read. I think this might be the curse of the ereader. Am I right?


1 comment:

Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies said...

Ooh, I love Susanna Kearsley, and this is one of my favorites! I hope you get past the ereader curse (LOL) and enjoy it!