Quantcast

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books in My Winter TBR

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Top Ten Books in My Winter TBR.


Ooh, there are a bunch. Most of them are titles I missed throughout the year, though, and want to try to squeeze in last minute!

1. The Shining Girls by Lauren Buekes - a dark thriller with a time traveling serial killer

2. The Purity of Vengeance by Jussi Adler-Olsen - latest in the Department Q series

3. Dreams & Shadows by C. Robert Cargill - co writer and co director of Sinister?! Of course I need to read his book!

4. The Ghost Hunters by Neil Spring - a UK horror title just released this October. 

5. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes - teen fantasy that I feel like everyone but me has read already!

6. Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson - now that all three are out I want to binge read them!

7. Night Film by Marisha Pessl - I bought this one with b-day money but have yet to squeeze it into my reading stack. I'm desperately trying so I can see what all the fuss is about!

8. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - everyone loves this book, why haven't I read it yet?!

9. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - considering how badly I had to have this one when it came out, I'm kind of embarrassed that I haven't read it yet. I will most definitely get to it this month, though.

10. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi - I was lucky enough to get a review copy and will definitely be reading it before it comes out. So looking forward to it!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Yes! I cannot wait to read Into the Still Blue :) You have to read Scarlet... SO GOOOD!! And Cress is coming out soon too.
our TTT
Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Liesel K. Hill said...

Great list! Falling Kingdoms, The Lunar Chronicles, and Into the Still Blue are all ones I want to get to this year, if perhaps not as soon as the winter. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week! :D

My TTT

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

Oh, I want to re-read FALLING KINGDOMS and then read REBEL SPRING. Another winter read for me! Ohhhh, you're going to binge-read Rae Carson? Lucky, lucky girl!!!! I'm so jealous of your first read of this!!!! :) Ahh, all of my co-workers are passing around THE ROSIE PROJECT and loving it. I should check it out, too! SCARLET, yes! And CRESS! Definitely stop by my blog again Feb. 2-8 to celebrate the release of CRESS! I'm so excited about it! Yay for review copies of INTO THE STILL BLUE! So glad to binge-read! (So stealing your word there, lol) We do have common interests! :)

Adriana C said...

Great list! I LOVED The Fire and Thorn trilogy!! there are great reads, hope you enjoy them.
Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

Tabitha (Pabkins) said...

I want to finish reading The Shining Girls as well! I keep having to set it down because I fall behind on my review books but its so fascinating!

Mary H said...

Great list!! I haven't read Falling Kingdoms either, actually, or Fire & Thorns so I need to get on those as well. I'm especially ashamed because I met Rae a few months ago and I have signed copies! Read Scarlet asap because it's amazing and so is Cress!

Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
My TTT