Quantcast

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday and 2013 Wrap up: 2013 Favorites

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Top Ten Books Read in 2013. 


I decided to go ahead and make this a 2013 wrap up post as well. So first, I can't narrow down to 10. I read a total of 212 books in 2013 and there were too many fantastic ones to narrow down to just 10 (I actually did a really brutally cut version of the below list with just 10 picks for Bookbitch.com so you're getting the full favorites list here.) 

Here they are in the order they were read. 

The Uninvited by Liz Jensen

The Different Girl by Gordon Dahlquist

Nowhere but Home by Liza Palmer

Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines

London Falling by Paul Cornell

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

Poppet by Mo Hayder

In the After by Demetria Lunetta

Apocalypse Cow by Michael Logan

The Wonder Bread Summer by Jessica Anya Blau

The Last Word by Lisa Lutz

Carniepunk by Rachel Caine et al

Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor

Help For the Haunted by John Searles

Everything You Need by Michael Marshall Smith

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

The Bones of You by Gary McMahon

The Lost Girls of Rome by Donato Carrisi

Dreams & Shadows by C. Robert Cargill

The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes

I signed on for two year long challenges, the 2013 Debut Author Challenge and the 2013 Translation Challenge. I did finish the DAC challenge. I was one book from finishing the Translation challenge - I didn't finish my October book for that one :(

No comments: