Quantcast

Friday, December 20, 2013

Book Junkie Problems: Missed Books of 2013

With the end of the year drawing nigh I'm faced with an annual issue - the stack of this year's releases I now feel guilty about not having read! I know, such a minimal problem. If only this was the biggest thing to face each year :) (And it's not like I don't get a second chance when they're released in paperback.)

But with just under two weeks left and some time off to come I'm scrambling to try and squeeze in as many of the reads as I can. Here are some of the titles on my list:

The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell - I bought this one a few weeks after it released and the raving reviews have had it front and center for when I have time. But I've sadly yet to have time. 

The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison - this has been in the TBR a relatively short period of time and I actually did start reading it last night. 

The Orphan by Christopher Ransom - hubs got me this one as a late bday gift and it's horror - you'd think I'd have forced this one into the reading schedule by now but alas it has yet to happen.

Red Moon by Benjamin Percy - another from the bday haul. 

Night Film by Marisha Pessl - and yet another bday gift. Again one I haven't had very long since I held onto a gift card until October but it's burning a hole in my bedside table. 

The Shining Girls by Lauren Buekes - this (and the next) may possibly be the two books I feel most guilty about not having read. We'll see if I can get them done next week. 

Joyland by Stephen King - how have I not read this yet?!

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - I've only had it for a few weeks but I know it's going to be a quick read. I'm kind of saving it for when I need something in this vein. 

Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield - again, not out very long but considering how long it's been since her last and how much I was anticipating it...

and finally Scarlet by Marisa Meyer - I preordered this book! It's been on my shelf since February! The first one took me literally the time it takes to fly to Houston to read! Agh!

Part of the guilt comes from knowing that there will be just as many title I'm anticipating in 2014. Roll overs from this year will have to find space amongst the new batch of titles I just have to have (book junkie, I know). 

So yeah, I'm trying to fit in as many of these as I can in my time off over the holidays. We'll see how many I can get to. It would go a long way to making me feel less like I've neglected my bookshelf this year. 

What about you, readers? Were there any books you were desperate to get to in 2013 that you just haven't quite managed yet? What's in your TBR stack for the holidays?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know this feeling well :) There are a few on your list actually that I really wanted to get to and haven't. Hopefully next year!