Quantcast

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me.


1. S by Doug Dorst and JJ Abrams - this looks simply awesome!

2. Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding - the third Bridget Jones book has been on my wishlist since they announced it was under contract. I don't know how it will compare but for nostalgia's sake alone I'm dying to read it. 

3. The Scarlet Tides by David Hair - if Santa wanted to ship this from the UK I wouldn't mind one bit :)

4. Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith - even if I didn't know JK Rowling was behind this, the reviews would have pushed this to my must have list. 

5. Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock - if we weren't so close to Christmas as is, I would buy this one - I don't know why I waited but I've got a self-imposed book buying restriction in place at least until the New Year (and then depending on the state of the TBR).

6. Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch - see note on #3

7. Longbourn by Jo Baker - P&P from the servants' perspectives. It's been recommended for Downton fans, too. 

8. Turn Down the Lights by Richard Chizmar et al - a new collection of shorts from Cemetery Dance with an excellent contributors list!

9. The Memory of Trees by F. G. Cottam - I would not say no to more horror reads this holiday season. 

10. Blythewood by Carol Goodman - I somehow missed all mention of Goodman's debut teen release so it's a fairly new addition to my wish list. I love her adult books, though, and am looking forward to a chance to read this one. 

2 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I really want to read The Cuckoo's Calling as well! And I COMPLETELY forgot to add Mad About Boy! Oh my gosh, I'm obsessed with Bridget Jones, but haven't read that one yet. Great picks and Merry Christmas :)

Here's my TTT!

Katie said...

I just saw S on another TTT list as well. I've never heard of it before today, but I will definitely consider adding it to my to-read list.
Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/