Quantcast

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had Sequels

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: ten books I wish had sequels.


There are a lot of books I've truly enjoyed - worlds that I wanted to spend more time in and characters I wish were part of more stories. Here are ten:

1. Lori Andrews's Alexandra Blake books - this is a bit of a cheat. There were three books featuring this character who worked with the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (Sequence, Silent Assassin, and Immunity). I suspect there would have been more but that maybe the series wasn't as popular as everyone had hoped at the time. I loved them! They were a great blend of forensic thriller/mystery with a political thriller-ish twist.

2. The People Next Door by Christopher Ransom - while this was a complete story, I would love to see what happens next (though I can imagine).

3. The Rook by Daniel O'Malley - I can't be sure but there might be more stories involving the Checquy (there's now a series heading on this title, so I'm assuming this is the case). I'm including it here simply because there isn't as yet another book in the series. Definitely an excellent set up, though. 

4. Graveminder by Melissa Marr - I loved everything about this book and would be pleased as punch to return to this world and these characters. It also felt like a story that had possibilities beyond this one book. 

5. The Broken Ones by Stephen M. Irwin - loved this combination of post apocalyptic scenario and paranormal mystery. I would definitely be interested in reading more in this world.

6. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad - this would have been a fun one to continue with a what happens next story.

7. The Whisperer by Donato Carrisi - this book was so dark and freaky! Plus, it's basically a detective novel, which is pretty easy to extend into a series if you really want to (not like there's any limit to the cases that can be investigated).

8. Petty Magic by Camille DeAngelis - so this is an example of a book with a character I so completely adored that I did not want to say goodbye to her :)

9. The Different Girl by Gordon Dahlquist - I did really enjoy this book as is. The narrator offers a very limited view, though, and a lot of the details of the world are left pretty open ended. It is definitely a world I would love to explore further and find out more about. 

10. Charlotte Markham and the House of Darkling by Michael Boccacino - oh, the world building! This is gothically toned dark fantasy at its very best and I really, really want more!


2 comments:

Tabitha (Pabkins) said...

Oh wow I haven't read any of these! Though I do have Graveminder - I keep hearing she's great so I'm going to give her a try this year for sure!

Krystianna said...

Awesome choices! I recently bought 172 Hours on the Moon because it sounded so intriguing. I hope I enjoy it. :b