Quantcast

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Michael Palmer News

I featured Michael Palmer's latest, The Last Surgeon, in one of my Pre Pub Book Buzz posts a couple of weeks ago to go along with the contest for an autographed copy of the upcoming book courtesy of Palmer.

I have some news for all of you now regarding the book and various events that Palmer will be hosting. Here's the various details from Michael Palmer's email:

Book launch party and benefit fundraiser for THE LAST SURGEON:
Michael Palmer will be hosting the event on February 16th, 2010 to benefit the Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Project
The party will be held at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston -- an evening full of books, auctions, music, great food, and appearances by some of the country's best writers, including Lee Child, Tess Gerritsen, Gary Braver, Lisa Gardner, Joseph Finder, Andre Dubus III, Mark Vonnegut, William Martin, Sandra Lee, and Hank Phillippi Ryan.

If you are from the New England area, I [Palmer] would be thrilled if you could attend. All ticket proceeds and a portion of the book sales will benefit the Home Base PTSD Program. It's a great event for a great cause. You can purchase tickets by visiting
LiveNation.

For those who can't make it, I encourage you to help spread the word. Between today and February 16th, 2010, I'll be conducting a little fundraiser of my own via social media. It's free to participate and a great way to help out. Here's how it works:

1. I'll donate $1 to the Mass General Hospital Red Sox Homebase PTSD Foundation for every additional Facebook fan
(
http://www.facebook.com/michaelpalmerthrillers) I acquire until book launch on February 16th, 2010. I encourage you to spread the word and to suggest for your friends to become fans-- it's an easy way to help a great
cause.


2. For you Twitter users, I'll also be donating an additional $1 for all followers who adopt THE LAST SURGEON Twibbon. If you have a Twitter profile, simply click here (
http://twibbon.com/cause/HomeBase-PTSD-Fundraiser/Join) to get started. I would love it if you could help out in some way to support this event.

If you cannot attend [the launch], I'd appreciate it very much if you could help pass along this message to contacts that might be of interest. Tweet about it, post it to Facebook or your blog-- many thanks for helping spread the word.
Palmer's cause is a really great one and I'd encourage all of you readers out there to do what you can. Attend the launch if you're in the area. Blog about this to spread the word. And friend Michael at Facebook!
I started reading this one last night so that I can review it for the Bookbitch site in time for the release on Tuesday, February 16. I must have read half of it in one sitting before realizing that I'd need to tear myself away and get some sleep. I've been a fan of Palmer's work since I was a teen and stumbled across Extreme Measures. I've been a fan of medical thrillers since then and all thanks to that book. 
Anyway, I'll have a post for you as soon as I've finished reading. Mark your calendars, Feb 16!