Quantcast

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yet Another Laugh Out Loud Read

Alrighty, I told you all about the re-release and re-branding of Toni McGee Causey's Bobbie Faye series last Friday, and I promised that I would post a little something about book the second -- Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels, now (as of June 30) Girls Just Wanna Have Guns

I also want to remind you that Toni is running a contest this week. Visit her website here for details, excerpts, and more. AND you can read more from Toni at the fantastic Murderati blog every other Sunday (highly recommend you add this blog to your faves). 

So, without further adieu, here's my review of Family Jewels/Girls Just Wanna Have Guns from the BB archives:

Bobbie Faye, the Contraband Queen and walking disaster of South Louisiana, is back and better than ever. Bobbie Faye’s latest adventure begins with a surprise visit from some of her nefarious cousins. It seems Bobbie Faye’s aunt, Marie, has gone missing with some diamonds and her estranged husband is willing to do just about anything to get them back – the diamonds, not necessarily his wife – and he’s not the only one, either. Homeland Security, gangsters, and Irish mafia all take shots at Bobbie Faye before too long, each group expressing their need to be the ones that Bobbie Faye makes her delivery to. Problem is, Bobbie Faye doesn’t have a clue what’s going on. Too bad for her, though, ‘cause no one is in any mood to listen. Where Bobbie Faye goes, disaster is sure to follow and this time she’s once again leaving behind her a trail of demolished property, terrified law enforcement agents, and bankrupt insurance companies. If you like the Stephanie Plum series, you’re going to love Bobbie Faye. She’s a tough and gutsy Cajun who’s not willing to take crap from anyone – I love it. Toni McGee Causey does for South Louisiana, and my hometown, what Janet E. does for the Garden State. Highly recommended.

It's pretty much summer here, and though Bobbie Faye makes for great year-round reading, I especially love reading this series around this time of year -- it makes me almost feel like I'm back in Louisiana!

Charmed and Dangerous, the first book in this series (formerly known as Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day) is now out and Girls Just Wanna Have Guns is due out on June 30 in mass market -- you can still get the trade paperback under the original title as well. And remember, the third book in the series, When a Man Loves a Weapon is due out August 4 (I'll be sure to remind you!).

1 comment:

Vickie said...

A friend is sending me the first one after she finishes, after my not so subtle hints that it was on my Wanton Wantin' List. Now I can concentrate on the rest of the series. I can't wait to read these! NEED MORE READING TIME!!
Added Murderati blog to the blogroll....