Quantcast

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Meltdown Mode

No post today. I'm exhausted and really could use a day off from EVERYTHING, but that's not going to happen. We're looking for a new place (worked late last night to make up for a few hours' driving around looking for FOR RENT signs -- let me tell you, it sucks, but this is not a renter's market right now). My area seems to have forgotten about the whole economic recession and tanking real estate market. The houses are still overpriced (as far as buying goes) and now the rentals are too, 'cause they know no one can afford to buy. 

Anywho. We're looking at one today. It's a bit early, but frankly I'm freaking out due to the sign in our own yard that kind of feels like a "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." Our lease is up at the end of July and the sign was put out last month. A bit early, no? And top that off with the Craigslist scams in our area and I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown. (Don't even ask, staying here is not a possibility. We'll be staying HERE, as in the area, but not this house, unfortunately.)

Much as I would like to spend my day in bed, it's just not going to happen today. Ramble, ramble, ramble. Sorry, I'm having a pity party here. I could use some more sleep, but the one thing I'm not going to start cheating on (because it's all downhill from there) is my workout regimen. Need to get ready to go on a walk with the neighbor. Thank GOD today's an off day at the gym. I don't think I could drag myself over there in this condition. 

I'll get some reading done tonight (hopefully) and tell you about SJ Bolton's Sacrifice tomorrow. And I've got the new Mo Hayder and the new Carlos Ruiz Zafon on my bedside table for this week's reading, so I promise I have some good ones coming up. 

Hope someone out there squeezes in a nap for me!

4 comments:

ShadowsTomes said...

Good luck! I hope you eventually get the rest you need! I HATE looking for a new place so I feel your pain! :( I'm sorry its such a suckish time for you!

Vickie said...

{{HUGS}}

Icedream said...

Oh Becky! I could just feel how worn out you are through your words! You do need hugs, I'll share some with Vickie.
I am posting about you again today, hope that makes you smile. :D

Becky LeJeune said...

Thanks guys. Agh, I feel totally whiny now. I'm still beat, I just need a free day with no obligations to read and recharge!