Quantcast

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Happenings

It's been a rocky few weeks. I've been alluding to the mess, but reluctant to go into it here -- out of superstition mostly. We've been house hunting. We're more than likely moving at the end of this week, or thereabouts. More than likely. There's still an eensy bit of possibility it won't happen, which has pretty much been the process all along. Everything has hinged on one thing or another, we've been prepared for it all to fall through (through no fault of our own actually -- we've jumped through all of the hoops in a timely fashion).

It has been stressful, to say the least. If all goes well, and nothing's gone without hiccups so far, I can be set up and hopefully relaxing in our first house of our very own by Christmas. One can hope.

Anywho. I'll keep you posted on that front. Obviously, being the stressed out in need of escapism person I am, I've been reading all along. Possibly at a slower pace. Not this weekend, though. I'll say this about the new Crichton (you can read Susan Tunis's insightful review here until I get my own up), it's moving along quickly. It's unfortunate that it's not a very cerebral read, but I don't need cerebral right now. I need exactly what Preston and Crichton offer up in Micro.

1 comment:

Delia (Postcards from Asia) said...

Good luck with the house, I hope everything works out all right. I know what you mean, when you're stressed out all you want is a quick fast read and not something complicated.