Quantcast

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hump Day!

And St. Patty's Day at that! Not that I'll be partaking in any green beer, though I did send Mike out for Guinness for the roast that I'm making.

It's been an interesting week. We went to the Danielle Trussoni signing last night at the Colfax Tattered Cover. There was a pretty decent turnout. I have to say, Trussoni's fiction debut is truly a great read so if you have the opportunity to attend one of her signings, I highly suggest you go (tour dates are on the In Person page of her website). I've reviewed Angelology for Bookbitch.com this week and you can check out my post from last Tuesday for more of my thoughts.

She did a reading -- great scene choice, btw (one of my faves!), and then opened the floor to questions. I have to admit some pretty weird ones came out of that. I'm glad we went out to attend, though. Mike even confessed that he was kind of interested in reading Angelology after hearing her speak (I'm not sure it's quite his cup of tea, but I won't deter him).

I did ask Trussoni about the sequel and she said she's hoping to finish it by year after next -- it's evident that she spent quite a bit of time researching Angelology, and she admitted that it took three years for that one. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with the follow-up and how the story will continue (no worries, no spoilers -- I'm not giving anything away).

No pics, unfortunately. I left my camera at home. Guess I could have attempted the phone, but since I'm not a great photographer anyway, I didn't really think to try. Next time, though.

The Tattered Cover has some other great events coming up this last half of the month, a couple of which are on my own calendar to attend. I'm linking to their events page for those of you who might be in the Denver area and able to attend.

The Boulder Bookstore has some great events coming up as well, including Ruth Reichl and Paula Reed (Hester), so check out their calendar, too.

1 comment:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

How exciting! Angelology is on it's way to me as we speak. I can't wait to start it.