Quantcast

Thursday, January 28, 2010

When Life Gets in the Way

News and updates here, folks. Spent all day waiting in the hospital in Denver yesterday while Mike had his knee surgery. Fun stuff.

Needless to say, it's been a slow reading week here, in spite of my efforts. And I've been bad to myself.

Yesterday, after attempting to get to bed early (didn't matter because no amount of sleep makes up for getting up at 4am), I drove Mike to the hosp where his knee surgery was taking place. We had to be there at 6am and his surgery was scheduled for 7:45 -- first thing in the am. It was pushed back to 8:30 after I'd decided to take the time off and stay: if everything had gone according to best case scenario, we would have been leaving at 1. With a 45 min drive time, it just seemed more practical at the time to bite the bullet and take the time off (nevermind the fact that I'm pretty sure his mom hates me after freaking when she found out I wasn't staying at the hospital through the surgery).

Now, I was completely exhausted and had hoped that I might be able to nap in the waiting room (this came to play in the decision as well, as I was in no shape to drive). And let me say that whoever designed this waiting room made a big mistake. No nap possible in those chairs. Not at all.

I tried to read instead and just couldn't focus at all. That kind of sucks because I definitely had time to read a whole book while I was there : )

Anyway, everything was delayed a bit, but Mike came out of surgery ok and we made it home. Both of us were asleep by 8:30.

4 comments:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

I'm glad everything turned out good in the long run!

Cheryl said...

Glad to hear Mike's knee surgery went well.

Hope you can catch up on your sleep

Unknown said...

Glad everything went well, hope you got some good sleep.

Vickie said...

Here's to Mike's speedy recovery. Did he get one of those gurgling ice chests that attaches to a pack around his knee? My DH had one of those after his last knee surgery.
Sorry you didn't get any sleep or reading time.