Quantcast

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Many Apologies

So sorry for my bleak post. Things are just wearing on me right now.

I wanted to make a peace offering so here's some random book news I've been collecting. You might have heard some of it, but hopefully it'll all be new to you.

So, I heard that Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth is being adapted into a tv mini series produced by Ridley Scott. I haven't read Pillars yet, although I do own the massive tome. One of these days, maybe even before the show airs.

Matthew McFadyen, my Mr. Darcy, is going to be in Pillars, but he's also playing Sheriff of Nottingham in the new Ridley Scott Robin Hood. Not sure how I feel about this one since I really loved Robin Hood Prince of Thieves in 1991. I mean, seriously who could play a better Nottingham than Alan Rickman?

Rumor has it that Stephen King may be working on a sequel to The Shining. I read this report and think it may be nothing more than the author's musings, but it would be cool if it happens.

There's a tv show (TNT) based on Tess Gerritsen's Jane Rizzoli books with Angie Harmon as Rizzoli and Sasha Alexander as Maura Isles (this one is confirmed).

And there are supposed to be all new Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre adaptations in the works thanks to the revived attention from Twilight fans. I'd hoped this meant big screen, but we'll just have to wait and see.

And speaking of Bronte and Twilight, have you seen the gorgeous new editions of Bella's favorite classics from HarperTeen. They're quite pretty. Here's Wuthering Heights for you.

Finally, since I just finished the latest Mo Hayder, Skin, which is due out here in the states next Tuesday, I figured I would include the fact that Gone (the next DI Jack Caffery book) is due out in the UK on Feb 4. I've put a preorder in with Cynthia at High Crimes, cause that's what junkies do!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why was I not aware of Rizzoli? Hopefully it's entertaining.