Quantcast

Monday, January 25, 2010

Mercy Me!

I met Lori Armstrong in '07 when her Julie Collins series was going strong (Blood Ties, Hallowed Ground, Shallow Grave, and Snow Blind). Now she's launched a new series with No Mercy, a South Dakota based mystery with a tough heroine.

Mercy Gunderson has spent twenty years in the Army and was part of a top-secret group of female officers training as rangers. Mercy, a sniper, has been through hell and back. Now on medical leave and picking up the pieces at the family ranch in the wake of her father's death, Mercy must decide whether to stay or go. When a body is discovered on her ranch, Mercy is reluctantly dragged into the investigation. But when her own nephew becomes the next victim, Mercy becomes determined to uncover the truth behind the killings.

Armstrong's new lead is a smart and sassy Army ranger with a dark and stormy past. In fact, the body county in this book starts before page 1. And Armstrong shows no mercy (sorry for the pun) where her main characters are concerned.

I loved how, the whole time I was reading, I felt transported to South Dakota ranch land. I also really enjoy the Native American elements in this book. I'll definitely have to go back and read the Julie Collins series while I wait for the next Mercy book, and I recommend you do the same!

Lori Armstrong will be in Longmont on Feb 3. Check here to see if she'll be in your area.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I am really trying to get over to Longmont for this signing. We'll see if I can talk DH and Lady K into another one. I may have to go alone.