Quantcast

Monday, September 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Like to See Made Into a Movie/Show

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Top Ten Books that (in a perfect world) I'd like to see made into a movie or tv show.


Believe it or not, a lot of the books I'd like to see on screen are actually under plans for adaptation - Ben Aaronovitch's Peter Grant books, Justin Cronin's The Passage, Julianna Baggot's Pure, Diane Setterfield's Thirteenth Tale... some of these have yet to happen but others are already greenlighted and/or in production.

1. First and freaking foremost Stephen King's Dark Tower series! Tv show preferably :) A la Game of Thrones

2. The rest of the Wizard of Oz series (Baum). Return to Oz is one of my childhood favorites and combines books two and three in the Oz series (Land of and Ozma of) and it's so wonderfully dark and creepy! I adore the books and would love to see more done. 

3. The Lunar Chronicles books by Marissa Meyer

4. Paul Cornell's London Falling - interestingly this book did sort of start out as a tv pitch.

5. Sarah Zettel's American Fairy series - Dust Girl is in fact influenced in part by an old movie but I think the idea of fairies in the Dust Bowl period is fabulous and I think it would make a great movie!

6. Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone series - and it would have to be all 80's fabulousness!

7. How cool would it be to see Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next world come to life on the big screen? I don't want to see it unless it's in this non existent perfect world we're working under the illusion of here in this TTT, but if done right this would be so awesome to see.

8. The Milkweed Triptych by Ian Tregillis - I love the combination of WWII historical fiction and sci-fi in this trilogy and I love cross genre movies as much as cross genre books.

9. Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone series - because again, if done right, this world would be excellent to see come to life visually.

10. Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld - I adored this book and I do, every once in a while, like movies from the lighter side :)

I can think of a ton more, but then I'd be going on all day!

6 comments:

Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net said...

Great list! I never got around to the rest of the Dark Tower books but I remember thinking that it would be interesting to see it unfold on-screen

Great list! My TTT

Vilia said...

Thursday Next would be amazing providing we get Pickwick. I'd love to see the literary characters jazzed up like Haversham. Here's my T10T
Vilia @ Backchatting Books

Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard said...

Oh, definitely the Lunar Chronicles! And while I haven't read the Thursday Next books, Fforde's "The Last Dragonslayer" would make a delightful movie.

Thanks for stopping by my TTT list today!

BookCupid said...

The Lunar Chronicles would be so good. I don't recall seeing cyborgs since Star Trek. Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

Katie said...

I don't know if I would like seeing Prep as a movie or a TV series. It was a fun read until certain characters (*LEE*) started getting on my nerves. Overall, I enjoyed the book, but it wasn't movie-worthy.
Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

Jamie E. said...

Dark Towers series would be awesome. The rest of the Wizard of Oz books would also be good!

Here are my Top Ten .