Quantcast

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Sequels Ever

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Best Sequels Ever!



C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton - so this was the actual first in the Kinsey Millhone series that truly hooked me. I read one a night every night until I caught up!

Embrace the Night Eternal - this second in Joss Ware's Envy Chronicles series ramped up the action and gave a little insight into the whole zombie apocalypse. Plus there was the whole icky cult thing, too.

Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde - there's so much set up and world building in Eyre Affair that it's a bit tough to get through. By the time you get to this second in the Thursday Next series, we're all set in the world and I think it's a much easier read. 

Rogue by Rachel Vincent - this is the same situation as the Fforde above. It took me a while to get into Stray because there was so much set up. By book two, though, all that's out of the way and we're able to enjoy the straight action! I adored this series.

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi - holy moly! I loved this book. I didn't love Under the Never Sky - didn't dislike it by any means but I didn't love it like I did Through the Ever Night.

Frail by Joan Francis Turner - so this is supposed to be the second in a trilogy and while I wouldn't say it was better than its predecessor Frail (which is told from a zombie's perspective) it was pretty awesome and definitely left me anxious for the third and yet-to-be-released installment.

One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson - this second in the Jackson Brodie series proves just how great Brodie as a character really is. The mysteries are clever but the characters are phenomenal!

A Winter Haunting by Dan Simmons - this was a follow up but not exactly sequel to Summer of Night. It's an excellent return to the setting and characters of Summer but also stands great on its own. 

The Twelve by Justin Cronin - Oh, this series! Cronin is just awesome. I don't really know what to say other than the author and the books are awesome!

The Ghosts of Sleath by James Herbert - this one is the second book to feature David Ash. Haunted, the first book, blew me away and Ghosts of Sleath was no exception. The third installment, sadly, left a lot to be desired. 

4 comments:

kayerj said...

It's nice when a good story keeps going. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Unknown said...

I have dabbled in the Kinsey Millhone books but haven't read that one. I guess I need to. Thanks!

BookCupid said...

I really need to pick up a Rachel Vincent book O_O They look good. Thanks for stopping by my TTT

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

UGh! Can you believe I have not read one book on your list? There are several in my old TBR that are languishing, hence that is why I must start clearing it out! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!