Quantcast

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Win a Copy of Brunonia Barry's Latest

Yay! It's free books galore this week!

I've got two - yes two - copies of Brunonia Barry's The Map of True Places up for grabs from the publisher. Who wants 'em?

Leave me a comment (with your email addy) here before midnight, Saturday, May 15. I'll draw two names the following morning and announce them here (and email the winners individually as well). And these are coming from the publisher, so no PO boxes and US only, please.

Now here's a bit about Barry's latest for you:

“It is not down in any map; true places never are.”
––Herman Melville

Brunonia Barry, the author of the beloved
New York Times and international bestseller, The Lace Reader, delivers her second novel, THE MAP OF TRUE PLACES, a complex and emotionally compelling novel about finding your true place in the world when you have no map.

After Boston psychotherapist, Zee Finch’s impending marriage falls apart and she loses a bi-polar patient to suicide, she returns to the town of her troubled youth––Salem––to care for her ailing father. While there, Zee encounters danger as she falls into the puzzle of unraveling the mystery surrounding her own mother’s suicide when Zee was a child and realizes shocking parallels between the death of her mother and that of her patient, Lilly Braedon. She also finds new love with a man who has a mysterious past, which may or may not be related to Lilly’s death.

10 comments:

tetewa said...

Thanks for the opportunity, I'd like to be included! tWarner419@aol.com

Margay Leah Justice said...

Sounds like it might be interesting.

Margay1122(at)aol(dot)com

Debbie F said...

Please include me! Sounds like a great read! Thanks

dcf_beth at verizon dot net

Alicia said...

I liked the Lace Reader - this one sounds good too!

adw7984 at gmail dot com

sharon54220 said...

I would love to be entered. Thanks for the chance.

sharon54220@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Ooh ooh! Me too! :)

jmdelahoussaye at gmail dot com

Amy said...

Sounds great!

amyliz2008 [at] gmail [dot] com

By the way, I checked out your blog after seeing you won a Blogversary gift over at My Random Acts of Reading, and I've gotta say, I love your blog! I'm a follower now.

rhonda said...

please add my name

CCL said...

I'm hopping on by to check out your blog! And now I am a new follower! I look forward to reading your posts! Please feel free to check out my blog, too...I've only been blogging for a month and am slowly building up my followers...once I get 50 followers on Google Friend Connect I plan on having a celebratory book giveaway contest!
Hugs~
Susan
http://crazycatladyslibrary.blogspot.com/

Vickie said...

Please consider me!

VWinship at aol dot com