Quantcast

Thursday, May 27, 2010

An Abundance of Distractions

Wow. I'm really slacking. I've been slammed busy with work, which is definitely a good thing although I'm still, on a weekly basis, fighting the concern that there will be no new pitches. Frustrating to say the least, but extremely rewarding to have pitches that go through. My first two books are coming out in June -- my first two pitches and contracted authors. I'm really excited for them and for myself.

Memorial Day weekend is coming up. We're finally going to spring for a grill, sort of. Not sure if we'll have it for the big grilling weekend, but we'll see. I do, however, have a fantastic read set aside to spend my weekend immersed in and I can't wait to dive in. It's delayed gratification! I'm also starting to look at my TBR and debate vacation reads for next month as well. I've told you before that it's a double edged sword: I can never make up my mind and end up bringing too many and then get nothing read anyway.

Anyway, more reviews to come, but I thought I'd give you my semi-regular life update and tell you what's going on. Remember you have until midnight Friday to enter to win a copy of Mr. Shivers, details here.

Also, June is fast approaching and I wanted to let you in on the newest mini-challenge being hosted over at Literary Escapism. As you know I've participated in both her League Challenge and her Battle Royale Challenge (both minis as part of her year long annual New Authors Challenge -- my goal was 15 and I've already surpassed it) and actually won prizes in each one. Super cool! They're super fun. First you get to see what everyone else chooses then you get to see the fruits of your labor, so to speak: Jackie posts stats at the end of each challenge so you can see just how many new reviews are generated as a result of the challenge. Being a big book nerd, I find this really cool because it shows just how much effort we readers are making to get the word out about the books we love.

Anywho, the challenge this go around is firsts - debut books, firsts in series, or first in a new genre for the author. All of the dets are here. Sign up and have fun! The contest starts June 1 and I'll let you guys know then which books I've chosen for the month.

No comments: