Quantcast

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pre Pub Book Buzz -- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

Yep, it's almost here! The release of the third, and final, installment to Stieg Larsson's Millenium Trilogy. Those of you who have already discovered Larsson have been waiting in great anticipation for this day (UK and overseas folks excluded, since you already have yours).

What began for us Stateside readers two years ago with the much anticipated release of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo has been a true literary phenomenon. Larsson has been praised the world over, and readers mourned his untimely death. (You can read more in one of my original Pre Pub posts here.)

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo has already been released in theaters overseas (and limited here) and the others are already set for release as well. An American remake (needless, to say the least, since I'm fairly certain the Scandinavian flick is pretty amazing -- due out the week of my b-day on DVD -- is already in development). Like I said, literary phenomenon. If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon, now's certainly the time!

I don't want to give anything away for those of you who may just be starting or considering starting the series. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest picks up right where book two, The Girl Who Played With Fire, leaves off, so the synopsis is a bit of a spoiler if you haven't read it yet. That said, this is too huge of a release not to get a Pre Pub post here, so I couldn't resist.

Mark you calendars for May 25. Run out and snatch up the first two books (they're well worth it) and get ready for what promises to be one of this year's HUGE releases.

For more on Larsson, the Millenium series, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, you can visit StiegLarsson.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait and ordered this one from Book Depository last fall. Wow. I think that readers will be pleased. And that's all I'll say! LOL

Cheryl said...

I have book one on my tbr shelf. Sounds like I need to order books 2 and 3 and read them all soon

Rachel said...

Hey, I found you through the hop! I can't wait for this book!!! :)