Quantcast

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pre Pub Book Buzz -- Cheat the Grave by Vicki Pettersson

I told you earlier this week (here) that HarperCollins is giving away a free ebook version of Vicki Pettersson's first Zodiac book, The Scent of Shadows, and if you download it now you can run out and buy the other three books and catch up in time for the May 25 release of Cheat the Grave. Trust me, you'll want to run out and get them all and book four, City of Souls, has an especially killer of a cliffhanger ending.

Note: If you haven't read the earlier books in the series *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Here's the synopsis for book five:

Joanna Archer is working hard to put the painful events of her recent past behind, doing her best to embrace mortality after being superhuman.

But when she is stalked by a madman, she is forced to dive back into Vegas' underworld to piece together shocking discoveries about the mother who abandoned her, the lover who betrayed her, and the daughter who will follow in her footsteps. But in order to win back all those things, she must face off against a death-dealer who carries his soul in a blade... one that's screaming her name.

*END SPOILERS*

Pettersson expertly weaves classic superhero mythos with her own twist to create one of the most stand out series out there. I can not wait to get my hands on Cheat the Grave, and I wouldn't be able to wait even if I wanted. The JJs love this series as much as I do!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I really have to catch up with this superb series and get to this one.