Quantcast

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Feb 7, 2021: Week In Review


I'm trying to get back into some regular blogging here. Obviously things have been pretty atypical for a while but routine does seem to alleviate some of the continued stress of these odd times. 

Since this is my first "Week in Review" post, we'll also make it a bit of a January recap as well. 

Reading stats for Jan:

12 books finished
2 DNF
9 digital (trying to get to more of those e galleys)
1 audio

In Jan I was cooking out of Vivian Howard's This Will Make It Taste Good, which is a phenomenal cookbook with a really unique premise!

Moving into Feb, I'm cooking out of Hawa Hassan's In Bibi's Kitchen, which I am really enjoying! The book features recipes from different parts of Africa, all of which are cuisines I know pretty much nothing about (though I did have the chance to eat out at an Ethiopian restaurant pre pandemic, so I know how wonderful injera bread truly is!). 

This week was an interesting one. I worked a conference last Saturday but also had to rush off to get a drive through Covid test, so the beginning of this past week was spent anxiously awaiting what I hoped would be negative results (they were, thankfully!). But it also meant that I didn't really get much done in the way of actual work. 

I did, however, finish three books. Two of which had some disturbing overlapping themes! 

Nothing really exciting happened this week, but I did treat myself to an Indian taco from Tocabe to go along with finishing a book Friday. I ended the week with some reading time to myself, a soak in the tub with my new Happy Dance CBD bath bomb, and a fancy schmancy cheese plate from So Damn Gouda in Denver to go along with some epic MarioCart racing :)

No Super Bowl party this year (obviously) and while I could have saved my cheese plate, I've decided not to put together any big snacking plans for the day. But, for the rest of you readers, this weekend is the latest #24in48 Readathon (which I'm not taking part in this go around) and today is my online friend Jenn's Big Game Read-a-Thon, which I am participating in. 

Oh, and the Reading the West Awards long list was announced here. I'm judging a category this year and super excited to be participating!

Here's to this week being a great reading one and an even better working one! 

2 comments:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Congrats on being Covid free ;)
You ate cheese and played Mario Kart while in the bath?

Wishing you a great reading week

Becky LeJeune said...

Ha! I wouldn't put it past myself to play Mario Kart and eat cheese in the bath, but no, this time they were all separate :)