Quantcast

Monday, November 9, 2015

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime by Ree Drummond

My weekend routine kind of starts with Food Network. Well, really it starts with coffee but once my brain is working on Saturday morning I tune it to see what goodies Ree Drummond has in store on The Pioneer Woman. Which usually means I'm going to make at least one of her recipes that weekend!

I've been a fan of Drummond's for quite some time now - even before she had a show - and she's still one of my favorites. Her food is tasty, her recipes are easy, and I generally have most of the ingredients on hand at any given time. She's a go to in my house and many of her recipes, once tried, end up in my regular rotation! Even better, she's one that I frequently recommend to friends and family looking for new recipes to try. (Yes, they're generally cheesy and creamy, but that's what I like.)

Her latest cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime, is (as the title states) focused on dinner. Breakfast for dinner, quick 16-minute recipes, freezer foods you can make ahead and use a number of ways... you name it. All dinner. If you're a fan of her blog in particular, you'll love this latest from Drummond. It's laid out exactly like the blog with full color photos of each and every step as well as make ahead tips, variations, and serving suggestions.

I did some legwork for you guys, and it's a great addition for your cookbook collection!

I know a lot of you probably wonder about reviewing a cookbook. How many recipes do I actually try before posting a cookbook review? I mean, it's not exactly like reading a novel but in my opinion it's definitely on par. In some cases I do a total binge and cook nothing but recipes from that cookbook for a full couple of weeks before doing my post. To give you an idea with this one in particular, here are the recipes I've tried to date:

Ginger Steak Salad (the dressing/marinade for this steak is AMAZING!)
Sesame Chicken Salad
Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Ready-to-Go Grilled Chicken
Ready-to-Go Taco Chicken
Chicken Nachos :)
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Chicken Kale Pasta
Tortellini Primavera
Chicken Enchiladas
Breakfast Potatoes (THE. BEST. EVER.)

Obviously, this is just a FRACTION of the recipes in the book but considering they've all been wins for me so far I think it's safe to say this is one I definitely recommend!

Rating: 5/5

No comments: