Quantcast

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Shelf Control: The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbøl and Agnete Friis

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for a Shelf Control post!

Shelf Control is a weekly meme hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies, giving book junkies like me a chance to highlight some of the lingering titles in our TBR stacks!

Title: The Boy in the Suitcase
Author: Lene Kaaberbøl and Angete Friis
Published: 2011
Length: 313 pages

What it's about (from Goodreads):

Nina Borg, a Red Cross nurse, wife, and mother of two, is a compulsive do-gooder who can’t say no when someone asks for help—even when she knows better. When her estranged friend Karin leaves her a key to a public locker in the Copenhagen train station, Nina gets suckered into her most dangerous project yet. Inside the locker is a suitcase, and inside the suitcase is a three-year-old boy: naked and drugged, but alive.


Is the boy a victim of child trafficking? Can he be turned over to authorities, or will they only return him to whoever sold him? When Karin is discovered brutally murdered, Nina realizes that her life and the boy’s are in jeopardy, too. In an increasingly desperate trek across Denmark, Nina tries to figure out who the boy is, where he belongs, and who exactly is trying to hunt him down. 

How I got it:

I bought it. It was getting LOTS of attention and I do love Scandinavian crime fiction. 

When I got it: 

Ugh, in 2011!

Why I want to read it:

Well, as I said above I do love Scandinavian crime fiction. This one is a little bit of a cheat because I did crack the book open last night under orders from the agent I'm working with! It's moving along really fast, I made it about halfway through in one sitting. 

This is the first in a series and I already have book two on hand (which makes my delay in reading it even worse!). The fourth title is due out in March of next year.


2 comments:

Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies said...

Oh wow, sounds interesting! I haven't gotten into the crime genre much, but this does sound like something to check out.

Unknown said...

That looks like a super interesting book. Not what I would usually read, but definitely sounds like it has some great twists and turns. I might have to check that out. :)