Quantcast

Thursday, November 26, 2015

2015 Thankfully Reading Weekend Kick Off Post

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! If you're reading this early, I'm likely baking green bean casserole and stuffing (not stuffed in the bird), and roasting my hopefully fabulous turkey. We're doing Thanksgiving at a friend's house this year and I am definitely looking forward to the mad feast we have planned.

If you're reading this in the afternoon, then I'm either in a food coma, binging on Jessica Jones or The Man in the High Castle, or reading - as I should be. Today is the first day of the Thankfully Reading Weekend, hosted by Jenn at Jenn's Bookshelves, and that means devoting the weekend (Nov 26-29) to reading as much as possible while avoiding the madness of Black Friday shopping!

I've never been a Black Friday shopper so this is a pretty easy challenge for me. Course I'll have to avoid the call of Fallout 4 if I'm to get any serious reading done!

I'll update this as my reading progresses (and as I make my picks). I'll also plan to tweet my progress (you can follow me at @BeckyLeJeune) using the #thankfullyreading tag.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you're joining in on the challenge I look forward to seeing what's in your reading plans!

Update: Thanksgiving day = 100 pages read. Too much turkey!

Reading:

The Golem of Hollywood by Jonathan Kellerman and Jesse Kellerman

Finished:

The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister
Valhalla by Robert J. Mrazek


1 comment:

Jen | Book Den said...

Ha "too much turkey". :) I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones today. For the most part, I really liked it. I like these darker Marvel shows.