Quantcast

Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

So my mom had me order myself a cake for today, since she's four states away and the other option was for me to make my own cake. For my cake I chose a fairly new bakery in Boulder called Tee and Cakes

Tee and Cakes opened up just a few months ago. I'm not sure exactly when, but I kept seeing this massive screen, you know the ones they put up when they're redoing a shop, covered in the cupcake logo to the right. 

My curiosity was running rampant, but I haven't actually been down on Pearl Street much lately. Well, when my mom told me to get myself a cake, I remembered the logo and searched for them online. I called them up and the guy who answered the phone was very helpful. See, I felt a little weird about ordering myself a cake. 1. I was ordering my own b-day cake and that's just odd. 2. I bake enough that I wanted to order something I wouldn't make for myself. 

With his help, I ended up ordering a chocolate cake with coconut cream (his suggestion was chocolate mint, but I could only choose one!). He also suggested that I get there around 11:30 ish to get my cake so that I could choose some cupcakes if I wanted, which I did! Half a dozen Strawberry Milkshake cupcakes and half a dozen Red Velvet - yum! 

Now I just have to wait until tonight to eat any!

So, if you're in the Boulder area and you're looking for a sweet afternoon treat, or you need a special occasion cake, check 'em out!

Now, I'm going to read my book and try to control my cupcake craving for a few more hours. 

Oh, and in other b-day news, I turned in my GA proof today, final proof should come Friday and then it's off to press - and it says "Edited by Becky LeJeune" on the cover of this one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Have a cupcake for me, and I hope you have a good day.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Happy Birthday, Becky!