Quantcast

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pre Pub Bool Buzz: The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden

Mike and I recently took a trip to Louisiana where I, of course, had to hit up two different bookstores. First stop was the tiny Faulkner House Books on Pirates Alley where I bought a signed hardcover copy of Christopher Moore's Secondhand Souls (I rationalized this purchase by telling myself we NEEDED it for the trip - Mike forgot his book and even though I had two physical books on hand, neither was anything he wanted to read and I was reading on my Nook).

The second trip was to this super cute bookstore my sister pointed out in the neighborhood where we were staying. Tubby and Coo's is small, but features a strong selection of genre fiction and has an entire upstairs devoted to kids. And of course I had to buy something there, too. This time I told myself it had to be something local.

I stumbled upon a signed hardcover copy of Alys Arden's The Casquette Girls on their shelves and asked the bookseller what he knew about it. Let me tell you, he was SINGING the book's (and author's) praises. He said it was his favorite local title, too. That was enough for me.

Well, it turns out Arden has caught the attention of the folks over at Skyscape and in just a few weeks they'll be releasing a brand spanking new edition of the book.

Here's a bit about The Casquette Girls from Goodreads:

Seven girls tied by time.
Five powers that bind.
One curse to lock the horror away.
One attic to keep the monsters at bay.

**

After the storm of the century rips apart New Orleans, sixteen-year-old Adele Le Moyne wants nothing more than her now silent city to return to normal. But with home resembling a war zone, a parish-wide curfew, and mysterious new faces lurking in the abandoned French Quarter, normalneeds a new definition.

As the city murder rate soars, Adele finds herself tangled in a web of magic that weaves back to her own ancestors. Caught in a hurricane of myths and monsters, who can she trust when everyone has a secret and keeping them can mean life or death? Unless . . . you’re immortal.

The new edition of The Casquette Girls is due out on shelves November 17. It's also to be the first in a series.