Quantcast

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books to Read for Halloween

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: scariest covers or best books for Halloween. I chose the latter since I've not done that topic yet.


Oh, this'll be rough since horror is my FAVORITE. But here's a narrowed down list of (almost) ten titles:

1. A Book of Horrors ed by Stephen Jones - I've sung the praises of this book many times, but it's a fantastic creepy collection and shorts are definitely perfect Halloween reading 

2. Nocturnes by John Connolly - another amazing short story collection filled with chilling and horrific tales!

3. Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker -c'mon, it's Hellraiser.

4. Mischief by Doug Clegg - one of the Harrow House books and one of my favorites from Clegg. 

5. The Rats by James Herbert - this actually was a Halloween read of mine a few years ago. Short of going with his first two Ash books, I think this is a perfect choice. It's a little campy and a lot gory but all fun.

6. Cujo by Stephen King - why this one in particular? Simply because - like above - it was one of my own Halloween reads. In fact, the one Halloween I was stuck in the dorm at college :)

7. James A. Moore's Serenity Falls trilogy - I lurved these books! Lurved them so very, very much! They're definite Halloween season recs for any horror fan. 

8. The Bones of You by Gary McMahon - as I mentioned in my review this is the latest in the Earthling Publications annual Halloween series. 

9. Haunted or Moonfall by Tamara Thorne - Thorne's books are insanely fun. I'm not sure which I'd recommend more for Halloween though since both of these titles are pretty perfect.

10. Four and Twenty Blackbirds by Cherie Priest - this is the first in Priest's Eden Moore trilogy. It's a creepy as hell ghost story.  

1 comment:

Rebecca @ Unbound Pages said...

I haven't heard of any of these which doesn't really surprise me. I don't like scary things so I steer clear of the horror genre... Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!