Quantcast

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Books I've Read (So Far) in 2013

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Top Ten Books Read in 2013 (So Far).


I'll start the list by saying so far in 2013 I've read 90 books! Yikes, I had a bit of trouble narrowing to just 10 (I'll be in trouble come the end of the year!), so I've limited it to books that were released in 2013. I'll start with the most recent:

1. The Wonder Bread Summer by Jessica Anya Blau - quirky and hilarious! I've got her previous books on my must have list now as well. 

2. Apocalypse Cow by Michael Logan - zombie cows! Of course it would make my faves list. 

3. In the After by Demitria Lunetta - I always enjoy post-apocalyptic scenarios and this one was a bit different than others, which definitely put it a bit above the rest!

4. Poppet by Mo Hayder - Hayder is dark and twisty and always a favorite!

5. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - ah, Joe Hill! If you haven't read him, you definitely should!

6. London Falling by Paul Cornell - a new urban fantasy series from another Doctor Who alum, and it's a great one!

7. Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines - zombies and superheroes. You really couldn't ask for anything more!

8. Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer - Palmer hits some touchy subjects but always with a great sense of humor and lightness. I love her work. 

9. The Different Girl by Gordon Dahlquist - YA sci fi from the author of Glass Books of the Dream Eaters. I loved the narrator and the setting!

10. The Uninvited by Liz Jensen - a chilling story in which children become the enemy! (In a nutshell but not 100% accurate.)

11. The Passing Bells by Phillip Rock - a rerelease of a 1970s trilogy. Really an amazing read!

Honorable mentions - these came out in paperback this year but were originally released in 2012:

A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash - phenomenal and atmospheric debut. I can't wait until his next book is released.

Gossip by Beth Gutcheon - an all around great story!

3 comments:

Christina said...

APOCALYPSE COW!!!! *rolls on floor dying of laughter*

That is SO amazing. I can't even.

Ellie said...

Yay for zombie cows! He has a sequel coming out (he let me read the first chapter a while ago) and can't wait!

I also loved The Uninvited and Poppet/

Becky LeJeune said...

That's awesome, Ellie! I'll be looking forward to it for sure!

@Christina - it's freaking hilarious! (Dirty and hilarious!)