Quantcast

Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 Edgar Award Nominations

This year's Edgar nominations were recently announced and I'm curious who's read what so far. Here's the list:

Best Novel:
The Lost Ones by Ace Atkins
The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Potboiler by Jesse Kellerman
Sunset by Al Lamande
Live By Night by Dennis Lehane
All I Did Was Shoot My Man by Walter Mosely

Of this category, I've only read Flynn's title. I have heard wonderful things about The Gods of Gotham, however, and have that as well as the Kellerman title in my TBR.

Best First Novel:
The Map of Lost Memories by Kim Fay
Don't Ever Get Old by Daniel Friedman
Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal
The Expats by Chris Pavone
The 500 by Matthew Quirk
Black Fridays by Michael Sears

Again, I've only read one -- The Expats, which will be up on Wed as part of the TLC tour. I'm curious about Kim Fay's debut. I've not heard much about that one but am interested in reading it.

Best Paperback Original:
Complication by Isaac Adamson
Whiplash River by Lou Berney
Bloodland by Alan Glynn
Blessed are the Dead by Malla Nunn
The Last Policemand: A Novel by Ben H. Winters

Wow, my stats are horrible this year (as far as noms read are concerned). I've read Lou Berney's latest here and I loved it. I've heard great things about Ben H. Winters's title as well.

Young Adult:
Emily's Dress and other Missing Things by Kathryn Burak
The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George
Crusher by Niall Leonard
Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kate Rosenfield
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

And I've read none of these so far. I did recently procure a copy of Elizabeth George's book but haven't had a chance to read it.

Mary Higgins Clark:
Dead Scared by S.J. Bolton
A City of Broken Glass by Rebecca Cantrell
The Reckoning by Jane Casey
The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan
Sleepwalker by Wendy Corsi Staub

I've been listening to The Other Woman on audio and am about to switch to physical here -- it's too cold for walking!

Overall, even though I've read a paltry number, the noms this year are pretty great. I've heard lots of buzz on many of these titles and have had my eye on a lot of them for the TBR. The banquet is May 2, so I've still got a few months to catch up before we see who will win.

No comments: