Quantcast

Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013 Challenges

So I've gone ahead and decided to sign on for two challenges this year, in addition to my 2013 reading goal of 150 books.



The first challenge is the 2013 Debut Author Challenge hosted this year by Hobbitsies. The goal is simple: read and post reviews of a minimum of 12 debut YA or Middle Grade titles published in 2013. Easy peasy. Hobbitsies is also hosting little mini challenges to go along with the main challenge. Since I've been reading an increasing number of YA titles (and LOTS of them are debuts) this should be a no brainer for me. I don't know why I didn't sign on last year!


The second challenge I've signed on for is the 2013 Translation Challenge hosted by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm. For this challenge, the goal is to read at least one translated work a month -- translated into English, that is, and it can be a book, novella, poem, short story, etc. Again, should be another really easy one for me considering how much I do enjoy translated works. My typical fare is from the Scandinavian countries but I'm by no means limiting myself.

Anywho, I figure these are a few more interesting ways to open up my reading a bit more and maybe get a few more books in the TBR bumped up to the top throughout the year! Plus it's a fun way to network and poach more additions for the growing must read list (I love to see what everyone else is reading!).

What about the rest of you? Are any of you participating in any 2013 challenges?

No comments: