Quantcast

Friday, July 23, 2010

Plum Behind!

Janet E's Stephanie Plum series is finally up for movie adaptation and her latest is just a month out in hardcover and what do I realize but that I'm now four books and three in betweens behind. How did it get that bad?!

So here's my plan. I'm going to squeeze in a Stephanie Plum whenever I can this month and hopefully catch up -- at least read the ones I have so that I can justify going out to buy Plum Lucky, Finger Lickin' Fifteen and Sizzling Sixteen.

After that, I plan on tackling my Lee Child backload as well. And I added Kelley Armstrong to the list last night, too. Her latest, Waking the Witch is due out next week and it's my first of the Women of the Otherworld series. Now I have to start from the beginning (luckily I have the first three already!).

So One for the Money is currently in production (or something) and set for release next year (looks like). The director, Julie Anne Robinson, has a slew of tv under her belt, including episodes of Weeds, Grey's Anatomy, and Scoundrels.

The cast, well we'll have to see about the cast. Katherine Heigl is at the helm as Stephanie Plum. Daniel Sunjata from Rescue Me plays Ranger. Jason O'Mara, most recently of Life on Mars (the US version), is playing Morelli -- he's hot, but definitely not what I'd pictured as Morelli. Sherri Shepherd plays Lulu and Patrick Fischler plays Cousin Vinnie, which is kind of the only casting choice I'm actually sort of pleased with.

We'll have to wait and see what happens. I kind of think, right now, that they've missed the mark on most of the cast -- I mean it is an established series and folks have certain ideas about the characters. I'm hoping that the movie turns out well, though. It could lead the way for more series like this to finally be adapted, thereby introducing new readers to the series as well ('cause you know there are a number of folks who will go out and buy the book after seeing the trailer or the movie). Course if it tanks (and it had better not with this much time and effort to get it made in the first place)...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how disappointing. I hate Heigel and definitely do not see her as Stephanie. The two guys are so not hot enough for either character. I do agree with Lulu and Cousin Vinny, but that's it. Don't know if I'll be able to watch that or not.

Vickie said...

These peeps are really gonna have step up to make this work....doubt I'll go see this one. I loved the first five or so and then I lost interest in the series after #10.

I love the Women of the Otherworld series. My favorite is BITTEN, but the first one I read was DIMESTORE MAGIC, loved the title.