Quantcast

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Happenings Post!

Hi, readers! Bear with me on this, I've been on a blogging vacation, mainly because I've had work to catch up on from my real vacation : )

I know you're all dying to know what I ended up packing (kidding). Anyway, I did end up bringing Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce, which I left with the Junior Junkies, unread. I also brought Anne Rivers Siddons's The House Next Door (the only book I actually finished reading, and not until I returned home at that).

I always overpack books, but I didn't this time. In fact, I knew that I probably wouldn't get much read, and I was right. So I've been catching up on my reading since I returned as well.

Today's my b-day, so on top of all the engagement/wedding mess, I'm turning 29. No big plans -- I still can't even decide where I'd like to go for dinner. It looks like it's going to be a gray and yucky day today, though, and paired with my fabulous birthday headache (hopefully knocked out now), it has me wishing I'd requested the day off to read and watch the newly released The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Ah well. Them's the breaks sometimes. I did get a lovely stand mixer for my special day and even though I should be working on getting in shape for that other special day, I've already got plenty of sweets planned to break the thing in (I'll be gymming with various reads to make up for it)! I also got a big gift card for books courtesy of Jen (the best book junkie enabler out there!).

More posts to come -- and promised contests as well. In fact, let's do one tomorrow, shall we? I'll have a freebie up for grabs on the blog tomorrow, but you'll have to check back to see what it is. In the meantime, have you entered to win the "Things Jane Likes" pack from Nicole Peeler?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 29th Becky! Hope your day is great and the headache stays away.

Becky LeJeune said...

Thanks, Kay! So far, so good on the headache end!