Quantcast

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pre Pub Book Buzz: Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield

I've been dying to post this one on Pre Pub Book Buzz and have been waiting for a cover to go up. And now it has! So here it is!

Here's a bit about Bellman and Black from Goodreads:

As a boy, William Bellman commits one small, cruel act: killing a bird with his slingshot. Little does he know the unforeseen and terrible consequences of the deed, which is soon forgotten amidst the riot of boyhood games. By the time he is grown, with a wife and children of his own, William seems to be a man blessed by fortune—until tragedy strikes and the stranger in black comes. Then he starts to wonder if all his happiness is about to be eclipsed. Desperate to save the one precious thing he has left, William enters into a rather strange bargain, with an even stranger partner, to found a decidedly macabre business.

As soon as I heard that there was a release date for a new Diane Setterfield book, I had a total OMG-I-can't-freaking-wait reaction! It's been almost seven years since The Thirteenth Tale came out and considering how much I adored it, anything new from Setterfield is a definite for my must have list. 

Seriously, I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!

Bellman and Black is due out from Atria/Emily Bestler Books in November for those of us in the States. UK readers can get their hands on it a month earlier from Orion. And in other cool Diane Setterfield news, there's a BBC adaptation of The Thirteenth Tale currently under production and set to star Vanessa Redgrave and Olivia Colman.

3 comments:

As the Crowe Flies and Reads said...

THis one sounds fun! I was one of the few people who couldn't finish The Thirteenth Tale, but I'm optimistic about this one--I just downloaded the e-galley to my device to read on vacation in the coming weeks.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

The publisher was really talking this one up at BEA! I'm dying to get my hands on it!

Becky LeJeune said...

It was listed on Galley Grab but not with an e version available now. I'm anxiously awaiting a copy!

Jenn, I'm not surprised! Like I said, it's been ages since THIRTEENTH TALE and that one did really, really well. I'm sure the publisher is expecting the same sort of response this time around.