Quantcast

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pre Pub Book Buzz: Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch

I'm bringing back Pre Pub Book Buzz -- or Books I'm Stoked About -- Saturdays! Why? Because there are always a ton of upcoming releases I can't wait to read and Saturdays are kind of a free day to do promote those.

My recent Paul Cornell read and the upcoming Mike Shevdon release have me in the mood for another UK urban fantasy favorite, the latest Peter Grant installment from Ben Aaronovitch. Unfortunately I have absolutely no clue when this book is due out here in the States. I do know that it's slated for release on June 27 in the UK, so I may have to special order mine overseas.

Here's the description from Goodreads:

A mutilated body in Crawley. Another killer on the loose. The prime suspect is one Robert Weil; an associate of the twisted magician known as the Faceless Man? Or just a common or garden serial killer?

Before PC Peter Grant can get his head round the case a town planner going under a tube train and a stolen grimoire are adding to his case-load.

So far so London.

But then Peter gets word of something very odd happening in Elephant and Castle, on a housing estate designed by a nutter, built by charlatans and inhabited by the truly desperate.

Is there a connection?

And if there is, why oh why did it have to be South of the River?

If you haven't read the series, the titles (in order) are:


And I'm just going to throw this out there, but I totally see Jesse Williams as Peter Grant when I read these.

No comments: