Quantcast

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pre-Pub Book Buzz: Crossed by Ally Condie

There are so many fabulous books hitting shelves in the coming month. Agh! Ally Condie's second in the Matched series is on my Must-Have List (along with a ton of others). I was completely blown away by Matched and am dying to know what comes next for the characters.

If you're a fan of dystopians (teen or otherwise) you need to read these. Parts of the plot reminded me a bit of old sci-fi classics like Logan's Run (yet another I hear they have plans to remake) and even--to a small extent--of George Lucas's THX, one that's way too trippy for my taste, but totally creepy in the big brother controls you manner of dystopian tales in general.

I featured Matched in its own Pre-Pub post here. As always, you can read my review at Bookbitch.com in the review archives--I lurved it completely!

Warning, I'm posting the synopsis of Crossed now and it does have spoilers if you haven't read Matched:

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

I can't do excerpts or else I'll die of anticipation waiting until November 1 to get my hands on the book, but if you're one of those folks who likes to sample, Entertainment Weekly has a trailer and the first two chapters of the book.

No comments: